Nourishing Life Health Center / Uprooting Lyme
Associate Acupuncturist for Kingston, NY Holistic Medicine Practice
(90 minutes north of NYC)
We are looking for a grounded, passionate NYS licensed acupuncturist with a great bedside manner to join our team and grow your practice at the Nourishing Life Health Center in Kingston, NY. We are a busy, well-established clinic with a great reputation and continual stream of new patients via word of mouth and professional referrals.
You are positive, cheerful, and motivated to build up your client base and get involved with the community. You are excited to be part of a team whose vision is A world full of people with vibrant, abundant life force energy flow. Your responsibility will be focusing on excellence with patients, successful clinical outcomes, as well as quarterly projects that support clinic growth and outreach.
- We have 3 treatment rooms, a waiting room area, a wonderful support staff, a space available for group/community events and classes, and a small (but growing) community medicine garden on the front lawn.
- We also have an extensive raw herb and granule pharmacy, and many of our patients take herbs, so some herbal background is preferred.
- You are a flexible team player and get along well with all staff and patients, even challenging ones. You treat all patients with wisdom, compassion and care. You are mature, responsible, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Part Time with some flexibility of hours on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday. 15-20 hours / week total to start, with potential to expand.
- Must be willing to commit to a minimum of 2 years of employment.
- We prefer at least 2 years’ experience and a background in herbalism; new grads and those without an herbal background are also welcomed to apply (compensation is commensurate with experience and skillset).
About us: We specialize in Lyme disease and complex chronic illness. Secondarily, we are a family practice that treats many types of ailments, including pain, women’s health and fertility, allergies, etc.
Our clinic website is www.noulifehealth.com.
Our educational website about Lyme disease is www.uprootinglyme.com.
And, our specialty botanical medicine webstore is www.bloomreveal.com.
Kingston is a hip town with lots of fun things going on. Our clinic is outside of town near Stone Ridge. Lots of hiking, rock climbing, natural beauty, and positive community abound. Truly an amazing place to work and live!
- Master’s (or higher) Degree in Acupuncture or Oriental Medicine from an accredited institution
- Current acupuncture license in state of New York
- Ability to educate, coach and communicate about the body’s innate ability to heal itself as well as a clear summary of findings, prognosis, and treatment plan to patients
- Innate desire to learn and grow professionally with a willingness to learn and implement new techniques and treatment protocols
- Charting electronic notes in a manner congruent with medical standards and insurance reimbursement requirements
- Highly professional in dress, speech, conduct, hygiene
- Interest in specializing in complex chronic illness is preferred; in-depth training is available at reduced tuition.
- Willing and excited to put the time in for self and clinic promotion, community and social media outreach to help your practice take root.
- Hourly rate + per patient bonus
- 40 Hours Paid Time Off / year
- IRA and Health Insurance Plan options
To apply: Send a short cover letter or (preferably) video about yourself, why you want this job, and why you are leaving your current situation. Please also attach your resume, and salary history / expectations. We are excited to meet you! Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.