Accord Acupuncture & Herb Shoppe / Uprooting Lyme
Clinic Manager Job Description
About Accord Acupuncture & Herb Shoppe / Uprooting Lyme
Uprooting Lyme is a leading voice in the field of holistic Lyme disease treatment. We provide year-long professional training for health practitioners as well as online treatment programs and 1:1 personalized consultation for patients with Lyme and other similar complex chronic diseases.
Accord Acupuncture & Herbs Shoppe (AAHS) is the brick and mortar health clinic located in High Falls, NY, where Hillary Thing and Associates provide comprehensive holistic health services to patients in-person.
Hillary also teaches both online and live at conferences and schools nationwide.
Our mission is to teach, mentor and empower people whose lives have been affected by Lyme disease to create vibrant health, disease resistance for themselves, their families and our planet.
As a result of the work that we do through AAHS and Uprooting Lyme, people learn the fundamental strategies and practices that are required to restore health to a toxin and infection burdened body.
By using a uniquely designed methodology of health generation, patients and practitioners master their ability to create a clean, aligned, and vital body and life.
Purpose of Role: *
We are looking for a bright and committed Clinic Manager who is passionate about their work, focused, extremely reliable, an outstanding communicator and a superb customer service provider.
In this role, you will be the right-hand support for Founder and Owner Hillary Thing, as well as for the Clinical Associates. Your goal will be to support us in achieving daily the vision of AAHS / Uprooting Lyme by maintaining a smooth-running holistic health clinic. You may also at times work closely with our Program Coordinator.
Outcomes and How Your Success Will Be Measured:
The Clinical Manager will use their organizational talents to ensure an immaculate customer experience for our patients and professional students, and proactively support our Associates.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for ensuring that all internal clinic operations run smoothly and on schedule, including scheduling of patients, billing, claims tracking, on boarding of new patients, and more with the use of Quickbooks, Unified Practice, Office Ally and perhaps other software.
- Attend and sometimes lead regular team meetings, and manage the rest of the team with regards to clinic systems and operations.
- Keep track of clinic projects, tasks and operations via online software.
- Delight our clients/practitioner-students and exceed their expectations with above and beyond customer service and timely communication.
- Manage email / phone communications and respond in a friendly and timely manner whether it be to prospects, vendors, clients/community, practitioner students, or fellow Team Members.
- Manage all aspects of patient onboarding, billing and payment processing, and resolve any issues efficiently.
- Clearly answer questions relating to acupuncture, herbal medicine and the benefits of our holistic approach with the intention of scheduling prospective clients with one of our practitioners.
- Holistic Lyme Teaching Clinic planning alongside Program Coordinator.
- Support practitioners in all ways as a clinical assistant when treatments are in session.
- Make herbal formulas following practitioner’s recipes, and oversee the shipping of herbs to patients with complete accuracy.
- Support Hillary in her role as teacher both in clinic and at distant schools and conferences, including connecting with potential clients face-to-face, marketing, and whatever may be needed to create a smooth experience for Hillary. This may involve domestic travel at a maximum of 3 times per year.
- Collaborate with the Web/Tech and social media subcontractors to maintain our client database and support with backend operations, and participate in our social media marketing efforts.
- Do whatever is necessary to keep the clinic and treatment rooms looking clean, tidy and beautiful (cleaning, space clearing, etc.).
Attributes for Success:
We are seeking a team member who will roll up their sleeves and dive in wholeheartedly. To be successful in this role you must demonstrate that you have:
- A true desire to serve. Your role is an essential part of the experience to help our clinic patients, practitioners and students feel supported, valued and receive high value and return. You understand that service, clients and their care are our highest priority. You always want people – no matter who it is – to have the best experience. This includes anticipating their needs and bringing a healthy dose of wow-factor to your interactions with clients. We aim to put a smile on our prospects’ and clients’ faces and confidence in their hearts.
- A passion for excellence. You go above and beyond on tasks and hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in every project you take on. You are able to identify mistakes and act to quickly to resolve them.
- Initiative. You have a strong ability to figure things out and think creatively to solve problems independently. Your ability to think quickly and generate solutions to problems that arise will be essential.
- An eye for detail. You will be THE person in the company responsible for ensuring a seamless clinical experience for both clietns and staff. We need someone who can work well under pressure, successfully multi-task, and easefully deliver supreme customer service all at the same time.
- Ability to prioritize and get things done. When running a small business, priorities change all the time. We need someone who is able to keep an eye on the big picture while creating order from the chaos in the details. You are super productive, a powerful planner and a wizard at tracking multiple tasks simultaneously. When multiple deadlines approach, you rise to meet each and every one of them, every time.
- Fast tech learner. We use a variety of tech integrations and will ask you to get up to speed quickly to use them. Experience in Infusionsoft or Mailchimp, Quickbooks, Asana or Basecamp, and Unified Practice is favorable.
- Fabulous communication skills. You are outstanding at maintaining relationships and excel at keeping in contact and tracking your communication through to completion with people whether it be prospects, clients or team. You take personal responsibility for your actions and pride yourself on your integrity. You are kind, enthusiastic, exude warmth and find it easy to connect with people. Our greatest measure of success is client retention and you understand that the preserving and cherishing of the relationships we have with our clients (both patients and practitioners) is top priority as well as to treat every prospect as if they are already a member of our treasured community.
- It’s all hands on deck at all times. We are a very close knit team who work hard with the intention to have a lot of fun along the way. We are seeking someone to join our AAHS / Uprooting Lyme Team family who is as prolific and passionate as we are!
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: Approximately 30
Starting Rate: $14 – $17 / per hour DOE
Location: High Falls, NY
If this feels like an opportunity that speaks to your soul, please complete the following steps:
- Write a 1-2 page Google doc addressing how you meet the selection criteria above through your work and life experience.
- Send the google doc link along with links to 2 social media profiles and/or website to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject heading = Job Application.
- Please also provide answers to the following questions by attaching or sharing an additional document:
#1. How comfortable are you with technology?
1 – Tech Novice
5 – Tech Pro
Explain your choice for that number.
#2. Please place a check next to what software you have experience with:
- Infusionsoft, Ontraport or Mailchimp
- Asana or Basecamp
- Gmail and google docs
- Unified Practice or other Practice Management Software
Please explain your experience with any of the programs that you checked.
#3. If possible, please provide us with your Kolbe Code. (If you don’t know, take the assessment here: https://secure.kolbe.com/k2/show_takeIndex/indexType_A)
#4. Please provide an example of when you worked well under pressure. What was the situation and how did you respond?
#5. How do you manage your own time, prioritize tasks, and hold yourself accountable for getting things done accurately and on time?
#6. How would you prioritize this list of tasks that would all need to be done by end of the day? (Drag and Drop in order of importance – 1 being most important)
- Performing all 6 New Practitioner Mentorship Welcome Tasks for 3 new practitioners
- Respond to 4 new potential client inquiries
- Respond to a reporter that wants to interview Hillary for a story on Lyme disease (that could provide new patient leads)
- Respond to 3 upset / concerned patient emails and calls
- Email Hillary (your boss) a document she requested by end of day
- Respond to a team member’s question
- Return a client’s phone call who wants to come in for treatment if possible today
- Remove non-current clients from a weekly group call list
Why did you prioritize tasks in this way?
#7. How flexible is your schedule? Are you willing to work somewhat flexible hours from time to time? Please explain.
#8. Please provide an example of where you went above and beyond to put a smile on someone’s face. What was the situation and how did you WOW them?
#9. Please provide an example of a situation where you were given feedback about how to improve a task. What was the situation and how did you respond?
#10. Please provide an example of when you missed a task that needed to be completed by a certain date and time, or made a mistake. What was the situation and how did you respond?
#11. What are 3 things you want to be sure to accomplish in your lifetime and why?
#12. What are 5 things you LOVE to do?
#13. When would you be available to begin?
(Applications must be received by April 4th, 2018)